A RECIPE FROM THE ART OF WELLNESS BY KRISTIN DAHL
By Alexa Gray, Contributing Editor, www.SuperFoodSuperLife.com
Health focused chefs presumably have a very big challenge to tackle; how to make healthy food taste good.
Kristin Dahl, a rising nutritionist and chef, shares her culinary secrets in her new book, The Art of Wellness. Co-written with Olypmic Gold Medalist, Stephanie Rice, this 200-page book unlocks new wellness secrets, recipes, workout guides, and lifestyle tips to give you an entire foundation for a holistic transformation for modern day life.
Her coconut yogurt recipe is nature’s gift to the lactose-intolerant crowd. It’s taste and texture are incredibly similar to traditional yogurt, but it has that tropical and exotic taste of a coconut and is full of benefits. Creamy and satisfying, this yogurt is also full of “friendly” bacteria to help keep your microbiome in check! Coconut is also full of healthy fats that support brain function and speed up the metabolism. It’s the perfect snack to keep you feeling cool, satisfied and refreshed during these warm Summer days.
Coconut Yogurt Recipe (Serves 2-3)
• Meat from 2 young coconuts
• 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup fresh coconut water
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp. coconut nectar or coconut sugar
• 1 -3 tsp. fresh lime juice (depending on how tangy you like it!)
• 1 probiotic capsule
1) Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
2) Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
3) Refrigerate & enjoy OR cover and place in the oven with oven off overnight for fermentation process to take place. In the morning, scrape off top layer, place in the fridge, and enjoy!
4) Garnish with fresh berries and bee pollen for extra protein.
Image Credit: By Sidney Bensimon