By Kristen Arnett, Contributing Beauty Writer
Crisp air calls for cozy sweaters, a mug of tea and sumptuous color that beckons to be held a little tighter. Your makeup shouldn’t crackle like the dried leaves blowing from trees in colder months, so you’ll need products that hydrate while offering rich hues and velvety plush textures. Taking their inspiration from fall/winter runway trends and Pantone’s color of the year, Marsala, here are a selection of natural formulas that promise beautiful results.
1. SANTE LIQUID DIPLINER IN BLACK GLAMOUR: No woman’s makeup kit is complete without a sexy, black liquid liner. This fall and winter continues then the trend we’ve been seeing for many seasons on the runway with a strong emphasis ona bold, graphic eye. Whether you wing it out, or keep it simple, this better-for-you formula will deliver.$18, sante-usa.com
2. NU EVOLUTION LIPSTICK IN CHIANTI: When you’re looking to replace that mug of tea with a glass of robust wine, you’ll want to pair it with a warm berry hue like Chianti. A newcomer to the green beauty market, this creamy matte lipstick is highly pigmented and has serious staying power to get you through any dinner party beautifully.$30, nuevolutioncosmetics.com
3. VAPOUR ORGANIC BEAUTY ELIXIR PLUMPING LIP GLOSS IN MISCHIEF: Adding a bit of gleam and gloss to your favorite lipstick is a good idea, but it’s even better with a bold tinge of berry color swimming in a base of organic and wild crafted botanicals. Slick but never sticky, this is perfectly named “Mischief.” Who knows what devious deeds this gloss will inspire!$22, vapourbeauty.com
4. ALIMA PURE VELVET LIPSTICK IN BEATRICE: Purple, almost black lips were creating drama on the runway last season. If you want to stay on trend without going too Goth, snatch up a silky, deep plum that soothes as it hydrates, like this one from Alima Pure.$26, alimapure.com
5. AU NATURALE CREME SHADOW IN ADDICTION: When the box says “fabulous nourishment” you know you’ve found a gilded glimmer that will deliver natural, organic goodness while adding a sparkle that flatters any skin tone and eye color. Swipe some on from your lid to crease as a singular statement or as a base to give new life to an old shadow.$20, unaturaleglow.com
6. RMS BEAUTY LIP2CHEEK IN ILLUSIVE: A spiced rosy hue does well on the pale skin of fall and winter for a romantic effect. Nourish your skin with raw, plant-based ingredients infused into a pot of buildable, creamy color. Dab some on cheeks and blend into skin for a “come hither” flush.$36, rmsbeauty.com