By Beth Doane, Features Editor
We’re halfway through January and by now, you’ve probably thought about your goals for the year. “I want to be more confident in 2016″, “I want to take better care of myself”, or “I want to try more fitness classes.” Once you’ve specified your goals, it’s time to turn those thoughts into ACTIONS. Here are our best tips for staying motivated throughout the year to get RESULTS brought to you by Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott, who are the founders of Tone It Up — a fitness and lifestyle brand. They are certified personal trainers, nutritional coaches and best friends. Karena and Katrina have taken the world by storm with their fun, quirky and energetic approach to fitness and have built a vibrant community based around friendship, accountability, motivation and inspiration.
How To Set Goals That Stick!
– Visualize. Picture yourself reaching your goals – and do this regularly. Vision boards welcome! It will help you to see your goals as eventual accomplishments, rather than just hopeful ideas.
– Journal. When you physically write down your goals, you’re setting an intention. Tracking your progress on a regular basis helps you re-evaluate these goals as time goes on. It will also help keep you honest.
– Get support. Having a support system is so important to staying on track & knowing that you can achieve your goals. Our best advice for those wanting to lose weight & become more fit is to find a workout buddy, or join a community like Tone It Up.
– Be patient. It doesn’t take a couple weeks to un-do a year of unhealthy habits. Stay consistent and results will come!
– Love yourself! Remember that your body is beautiful and it works hard for you every day. Talk kindly to yourself… your body listens! You deserve the absolute best, so nourish your body with healthy good, work out every day, rest well and be kind.
Toneitup.com and @ToneItUp.